2.09.2012

Flashback

For weeks I watched as the Salt Palace Convention Center slowly transformed into the Media Center for the 2002 Winter Games. I had taken a semester off of school just to be there. I was a Journalism major and nothing sounded more exciting than to be surrounded by media outlets from all over the world. Every morning I would watch Mitt Romney walk by me on his way to press meetings followed by a stream of athletes throughout the day arriving to be interviewed. For two weeks I was surrounded by people from all over the world. When my job was supposed to end in March I'd planned to go back to Utah State. I even kept my housing contract. Those plans never happened, because something much better did. During those two weeks my brother awkwardly told his friend that if he ever wanted to take out his little sister, me, he could. A few days later this friend of my brothers asked me on a date to Light of the World held at the conference center for the last weekend of the Olympics. My brother's friend was Todd and even when my job with the Olympics was over I never went back to Utah State.


1 comment:

Mat and Brooke said...

I love hearing your flashbacks--and that one was a really cute one. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...