12.05.2011

Flashback


On the 26th of November we celebrated our 9 year anniversary!  On the day of our anniversary Annie looked at one of my bridal pictures and said "wow mommy, look how young you look".  It's almost been ten years now since we started dating and looked like this.


There are so many things that I loved about the time when we were dating and engaged.  Todd was the type of date that you hope your daughters find someday.  I hope that someday our Annie will date someone as amazing as her daddy.  I hope that she'll also date someone that is real while they are dating just like her dad was.  No surprises when we got married.  Todd is the same person he was when we were dating, married, and now just better and better.  I loved it that we spent hours making our invitations together and developing our engagement pictures in a makeshift darkroom using a tub in Todd's parents home.  On our anniversary this year I thought a lot about our wedding day.  Even though it was nine years ago it is still just what I would have wanted. I loved it that it was unseasonably warm on our anniversary this year, just like on our wedding day.  I loved that on our wedding day my mom rented a limo for us to take down to the temple with our families.


I loved it that we were so excited to get married we kept hoping it was our turn while we waited for our turn to be sealed.
I love it that we didn't have a luncheon so our day wasn't too packed.  The place, the food, the dancing, and being with so many that we loved were just what I would want today.   I loved it that at the end of the day my cheeks hurt from smiling.
Our Honeymoon to Hawaii was pretty amazing too.  I love how our marriage started and I love what it is today.

3 comments:

Mat and Brooke said...

Jenn, what a beautiful, simple, perfect tribute to your marriage and husband. You two make a beautiful couple, and together have made such a cute, cute little family.

Taryn and the boys said...

you guys are so cute! man are we getting old, i don't think so?

marla said...

How proud and a happy any mother would be to hear this from her daughter in law. You and Todd are certainly a beautiful couple with so much respect and love for each other. And I will definitely have to say...."YOU MAKE BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN TOGETHER".:) Love, Marla

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...